All Exam Guide Newsroom
September 30, 2020
New Delhi 30th September 2020
After October 15, states will be able to decide on opening of schools, approval of parents is necessary.
The Central Government on Wednesday released the guidelines for unlocking 5.0 (school reopen guidelines in hindi). Under this, the Center has left the decision over the states to open schools, coaching institutes. The state will be able to decide on its own whether or not to open schools and coaching institutes after 15 October. However, this would require the approval of the parents of the children.
Guideline for school-college in Unlock-5
State / Union Territory Governments are allowed to take decisions to open schools, colleges, educational institutions and coaching institutes in a phased manner and to reopen them after 15 October 2020, given the conditions will be able to take .
However, for this the state governments will consult with the schools / institute management and follow the given conditions.
- Online education / distance learning will continue and will be encouraged continuously.
- Schools that are running online classes and some of their students want to study online instead of physically attending school, they will be allowed to do so.
- Students’ attendance in schools will be applicable only with the written consent of the parents. For these, the State / UTs will prepare their respective SOPs based on the local needs based on the SOP to be issued by the Ministry of Education, Government of India.
- On the other hand, the Department of Higher Education and Ministry of Education can take the decision to open a college / institute of higher education in consultation with the Ministry of Home Affairs. Online classes and distance learning will also be continued here and encouraged.
- For PhD students of higher education institutions and science-technology post-graduate students, labs and practical classes will also be allowed to start from 15 October 2020.
- To reopen all these institutions, the decisions of the concerned State / Union Territory Government will have to be compulsory.